The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC

+7
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
finskev
61finfan
Umix10
finfanatic
JMP
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:32 am

If you have the time listen to this. It reminds me of how we carry on here sometimes Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC

Post by JMP Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 am

Jourdan Rodrigue
@JourdanRodrigue

Ejiro Evero would be one of the top candidates for the Rams DC job, if somehow available. Joe reports here that so far Carolina has blocked him from lateral DC interviews with the Jaguars, Dolphins and Giants as he is, at this time, still under contract…something to monitor…

9:41 AM · Jan 29, 2024

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:06 am

Hmmm can we play the "Assistant Head Coach" game? I guess not otherwise Miami would have tried it. He certainly seems like a very well respected coach.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:11 pm

in what is probably an anticipated predictable move, Miami will interview another internal candidate...

Dolphins are expected to interview outside linebackers coach Ryan Slowik for the open position.

Slowik joined Miami in 2022 as a senior defensive assistant and was promoted to his current position prior to the start of the 2023 season.

Before moving to South Florida, Slowik worked with the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos. Interestingly, he was an assistant in 2005 in Denver when Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel was just an intern with the Broncos.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolphins-expected-interview-olb-163131204.html

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:in what is probably an anticipated predictable move, Miami will interview another internal candidate...

Dolphins are expected to interview outside linebackers coach Ryan Slowik for the open position.

Slowik joined Miami in 2022 as a senior defensive assistant and was promoted to his current position prior to the start of the 2023 season.

Before moving to South Florida, Slowik worked with the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos. Interestingly, he was an assistant in 2005 in Denver when Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel was just an intern with the Broncos.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolphins-expected-interview-olb-163131204.html

Apparently the Phins have officially interviewed Campanile as well.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:09 pm

Per Twitter, Fins are interviewing Leslie Frazier.

I don’t know what went wrong in Buffalo, reportedly when he showed up in 2017 they immediately started playing good defense.

Worth talking to is what I’d say. Also here’s the big interview question: “How do you contain Josh Allen?” Because we haven’t done that - well Fangio did a good job game two but our offense and STs ruined that effort
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:42 am

white1 wrote:Per Twitter, Fins are interviewing Leslie Frazier.

I don’t know what went wrong in Buffalo, reportedly when he showed up in 2017 they immediately started playing good defense.

Worth talking to is what I’d say. Also here’s the big interview question: “How do you contain Josh Allen?” Because we haven’t done that - well Fangio did a good job game two but our offense and STs ruined that effort

Frazier is a really good coach, and he was a miracle worker in Buffalo. I'd probably prefer someone younger, but I think Frazier would be an outstanding hire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:59 am

I am officially switching my choice from Staley to Frazier!!

If Grier can give him the tools, the Phins D could be fantastic under Frazier IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:08 am

white1 wrote:well Fangio did a good job game two

I'd say that Josh Allen helped us out a lot more than Fangio in that game - by blindly tossing two softballs into the endzone. In that game, Allen completed almost 80% of his passes (30 of 38!!!), had 359 passing yards, averaged 9.4 yards per attempt, had a passer rating over 100, and added 67 rushing yards. He absolutely SHREDDED and EMBARRASSED the Fangio defense...but was careless with the football. The passing yardage total tied for his highest of the season, and the completion % was his third best of the season...#1 was his first game against the Dolphins.

Fangio did a lot of good things this season...designing a gameplan to stop Josh Allen was not one of them.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:35 pm

Good points, can't argue with any of that.

Injuries were certainly a part of our struggles, but bottom line Bills started improving as the season wore on. They fought KC to the mat, who IMO made it look easy in handling Baltimore. Which is a hard thing to do.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:01 pm

white1 wrote:Good points, can't argue with any of that.

Injuries were certainly a part of our struggles, but bottom line Bills started improving as the season wore on.  They fought KC to the mat, who IMO made it look easy in handling Baltimore.  Which is a hard thing to do.

I just thank God the Bills didn't face the Ravens in the first game because then Lamar Jackson would've shit the bed against them, which is ten times worse than doing it against the Swifties Chiefs! And then you're talking about the Bills being a game away from the Super Bowl and who knows what happens? affraid

Bills fans BTW were dancing in the streets when Frazier left. Also, Frazier is 4 years older than Martindale and just a year younger than Fangio. Make of that what you will.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:10 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Bills fans BTW were dancing in the streets when Frazier left.

And here they are a year later, wanting to fire the whole damn team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:17 pm

JMP wrote:And here they are a year later, wanting to fire the whole damn team.

Are they? I suppose I could check, but after my last visits to Bills message boards even *I* got sick and tired of their constant whining!

I do get the sense they not only didn't put up much of a fuss over McDermott's terrorist support, but probably rallied behind him and still are.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:19 pm

Add another name to the list: the Phins are interviewing Ravens DL coach Anthony Weaver for the DC job.

And a bit of trivia: Mike McDaniel, Anthony Weaver and Bobby Babich (the Bills LB coach who also interviewed for the DC spot) were all on the Browns' staff together in 2014.

I wonder if we could hire Weaver or Babich as DC, and make Leslie Frazier some kind of advisor/assistant??? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:23 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:And here they are a year later, wanting to fire the whole damn team.

Are they? I suppose I could check, but after my last visits to Bills message boards even *I* got sick and tired of their constant whining!

I do get the sense they not only didn't put up much of a fuss over McDermott's terrorist support, but probably rallied behind him and still are.

After the Chiefs loss, I went on a couple of Bills boards and there were tons of posts calling for everyone's head - especially McDermott's. There were even people saying they'll never win with Josh Allen! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:28 pm

JMP wrote:After the Chiefs loss, I went on a couple of Bills boards and there were tons of posts calling for everyone's head - especially McDermott's.  There were even people saying they'll never win with Josh Allen!  LOL

Better you than me. I lost it when I went there after the Bengals loss and saw the same fans who wanted the Fins punished for violating OSHA regulations for the stadium being too hot whining about how their OWN team's stadium was too COLD! I kid you not, this was a thing they did.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:46 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:After the Chiefs loss, I went on a couple of Bills boards and there were tons of posts calling for everyone's head - especially McDermott's.  There were even people saying they'll never win with Josh Allen!  LOL

Better you than me. I lost it when I went there after the Bengals loss and saw the same fans who wanted the Fins punished for violating OSHA regulations for the stadium being too hot whining about how their OWN team's stadium was too COLD! I kid you not, this was a thing they did.

Oh yeah, I remember that absurdity!  It's too hot, it's too cold!  Wah!!!  

BREAKING NEWS: Fangio is OUT as Dolphins DC - Page 5 1W0t1YH

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:32 pm

And another one:

Phins are interviewing Chris Kiffin (son of Monte, brother of Lane) for the DC position.  Kiffin is currently an LB coach with the Texans, and coached on the same staff as McDaniel in San Fran.

So here is the list so far:
• Anthony Campanile
• Ryan Slowik
• Bobby Babich (NOTE: promoted to DC by the Bills, so he's out)
• Brandon Staley
• Leslie Frazier
• Anthony Weaver
• Chris Kiffin

Last edited by JMP on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:36 pm

Frazier, Weaver, Kiffin are the ones I like the Most.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:46 pm

Assuming he doesn't get the Commanders' head coaching job, I think Weaver may be at the top of my list. He's been an NFL coach since 2012, but is still young at 43. He's been in a great organization for a couple of years now, and I think he's ready to move up to DC. I heard on NFLN that he has been referred to as “the defensive Sean McVay.”

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:30 am

Jaworski says the players in Miami are more interested in the Miami night life than football. Are we doomed because of the clubs and the weather? 

The cold weather teams tend to do better.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:11 am

CarsonChris wrote:Jaworski says the players in Miami are more interested in the Miami night life than football. Are we doomed because of the clubs and the weather? 

The cold weather teams tend to do better.

Sounds like a load of BS to me. I didn't even know Jaworski was still working. I haven't heard his name in years so I assumed he retired. Anyway, he's an Eagles homer and he just wants to rewrite the narrative that Fangio flopped in Miami due to being an inflexible old man that refused to listen to or collaborate with anyone else.

I can guarantee you - Ron Jaworski has absolutely no insider knowledge of what occurred in the Dolphins locker room this season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:19 am

JMP wrote:Add another name to the list: the Phins are interviewing Ravens DL coach Anthony Weaver for the DC job.

its about time they started listening to me.

(scrolls back to page 4 of this thread...)

mercury22nathan wrote:names to think about...

Anthony Weaver

if MacDonald gets a HC job, Baltimore may look to Weaver as the next in line DC and even if MacDonald doesn't get hired away, Baltimore has tagged Weaver (currently DL coach) with an Assistant HC title to keep him in-house when MacDonald eventually gets a HC chance. Weaver has a history keeping the Raven's dline among the top units and has coordinator experience in Houston as well as being responsible for the development of JJ Watt and J Clowney (in Houston and now again in Baltimore).

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:28 am

I agree with JMP: this Weaver guy is intriguing.

If he is a assistant HC with the Ravens, does that mean he could not take the Dolphins offer of DC becauyse it would be a step down?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:34 am

I'm actually encouraged by the quality of these candidates. Hopefully, the one(s) we like are actually really interested in joining the team, and won't take the job begrudgingly because of how much money we offer them. Clearly that's what happened with Fangio.... we don't need another "one and done" coordinator.

We won't be able to maximize our talent on defense until we get some scheme stability, and the players learn all the nuances.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next