The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burrow or bust

+5
JMP
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
rightchea
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Burrow or bust - Page 2 Empty Re: Burrow or bust

Post by JMP Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami has too many options when it comes to the draft. IMO, Miami could get one in the first round or can get one in a later round and develop him into a Franchise QB. The draft is going to be deep with QB and other positions this year that Miami could go any which way

I don't see this as a deep QB class at all. It looked great at one point, but things have changed a lot throughout the season. Once you get passed Burrow, Tua and maybe Herbert, there's not much to get excited about. I've completed soured on Fromm to the point where I almost consider him undraftable. Love and Eason are both very interesting and have a lot of upside, but they are both extremely raw projects and I'm not sure I'd take either one before round 3 or 4. After that...not much in my opinion.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:35 pm

I'd use this draft to really get the trenches on both sides of the ball set. I've been saying this for 22,000 years now. I'd look for a QB after the 2nd. There are some interesting guys out there to kick the tires on from the 3rd out.

Fitzpatrick is a good leader, he'll get us some wins, but we'll probably miss the playoffs again.

I'd say this draft is about trading down if we don't have just the right guy there to stockpile picks so we can trade up when we need to in 2021 to get the QB we want.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:43 pm

posted this is NFL draft but it looks like Young will be staying at OSU for one more year

Jenna West wrote:Despite his dominant 2019 season, Ohio State defensive end Chase Young doesn't intend to go to the NFL quite yet.

Young is a potential No. 1 NFL draft pick and a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, which will be handed out Saturday night in New York City. TMZ Sports caught up with Young on Friday where he revealed he's not going to enter the draft this year.

When asked if he's returning to Ohio State for his senior season, Young responded, "That's the plan."

https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/14/chase-young-return-ohio-state-nfl-draft?utm_source=twitter.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_medium=social

this is changing the tides on how the draft will look next year. I feel like Tua might stay one more year as well.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I’m not sure he’s meaning what he says.

A number 1 talent should not go back to school and risk injury.

He’s probably being coy with tmz....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am

I don't see too many changes when it came to Jackson starting. Yeah, you create a couple of design runs but most of the time Jackson is running away from defenders in the backfield. If you get a guy like Hurts or a QB that is run then you have to adjust. Even if Miami got Burrow you still have to give consideration for his running ability kinda like Josh Allen and the Bills. Nowadays the idea QB is able to make plays in the air and on the run.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:45 am

SO...if Young stays then is anyone else worth the #2 pick, which I think the Giants still have even after yesterday?

Anyone??? Bueller???

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 am

Giants will be #2 and Miami is #3. Even with that said that still better than anything. If the Bengals are dumb enough to keep Dalton then it sounds like Miami might get Burrow. right now Miami needs some players on the OL and DL for sure. would go after a DB until late in the first round early second

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:01 am

I am telling each and every one of you right here and now, if Burrow is somehow, some way still available when the Fins pick and they pass him up for ANYONE else, I will stop being a fan forever. I'm completely serious. I won't root for any other team, I'll just vanish. Like, there's a real chance my body will dematerialize from the trauma.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am

Miami should consider a package deal to get Burrow.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 am

CarsonChris wrote:Miami should consider a package deal to get Burrow.

The Bengals would ask for pretty much the entire next two drafts, though. Law of supply and demand. All we can do at this point is hope they don't take him but he's from Ohio so it just seems like destiny Sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:51 am

This would be a stupid move for the fact that Miami needs too many players. I not going to say I wouldn't want burrow in a Miami uniform but at the same time I wouldn't give the world for a player that might or might not be great in the NFL.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:57 am

rightchea wrote:

This would be a stupid move for the fact that Miami needs too many players. I not going to say I wouldn't want burrow in a Miami uniform but at the same time I wouldn't give the world for a player that might or might not be great in the NFL.

It's not even a question of whether Burrow's going to be great. He will be, trust me. For one thing, he's coming along at the perfect time with Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, B-Roth, and Eli all set to retire after this season or the next. It's a question of whether you can afford to mortgage your house and eat ramen noodles for the next 5 years in order to buy that fancy new car you've had your eye on.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:08 am

Burrow is a Bengal - it's not even a question. Time to move on from thinking the Phins can trade for him...never gonna happen.

316 wrote:SO...if Young stays then is anyone else worth the #2 pick, which I think the Giants still have even after yesterday?

I'd say...no, not really. I would trade down if we end up at 2 or 3 and Young is not available. Hell, I might trade down even if Young is available. There is a ton of talent in this draft, but the top 5 this year is not as sexy as it usually is. Sure, we can grab an OL (Andrew Thomas) or receiver (Jeudy) or CB (Okudah)...but we can get comparable players at those positions much later.

Pure Dolphins luck...we get a top 5 pick and there's no one to take. Sad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:14 am

JMP wrote:Pure Dolphins luck...we get a top 5 pick and there's no one to take.  Sad

Isn't that the truth!!! Sure is weird how it was assumed right up until a month ago that this team would nab either Tua or Young, and now the correct answer is neither!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Then again, how much can one team trade down? The Browns had like 30 picks over two drafts and got a 1-32 record to show for it, and haven't had a winning record in the two seasons after that. At some point you've actually got to use those picks to take actual players who will actually help you win. I'd honestly rather see them at least try to trade up for Burrow than trade down and still screw up the draft anyway.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:18 am

Yet another reason to be sick over that Jets loss and root for a Bengals win--it turns out not to even matter now if the Fins pick in the top 5 or not! Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:25 am

DolFan 316 wrote: I'd honestly rather see them at least try to trade up for Burrow than trade down and still screw up the draft anyway.

The Bengals are not trading the #1. Why would they? They have a declining mediocre veteran QB, and a young head coach that used to be a QB himself...taking Burrow is their only option. Plus, Burrow is a local product (well, local as in "same state"...) - it's just a perfect match on every level.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:51 am

This would definitely be a homecoming for him if he went to Ciny. Yeah not seeing Miami getting him either.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 am

Maybe if we all get our heads together we could come up with a devious, dastardly, diabolical plan to somehow, some way, get Burrow arrested for something between now and the draft. scratch

Then again that would make him even MORE desirable since this is the Bengals we're talking about, never mind.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 pm

You mean Burrow's coke habit isn't enough?

Run with that, Armando.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Degarmo wrote:You mean Burrow's coke habit isn't enough?

Run with that, Armando.

Get him at 27. Use the Pittsburgh pick

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:39 am

CarsonChris wrote:
Degarmo wrote:You mean Burrow's coke habit isn't enough?

Run with that, Armando.

Get him at 27. Use the Pittsburgh pick

This guy gets it Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Speaking of QBs getting arrested for marijuana...Jordan Love just managed it. I cannot make this stuff up.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28320632/qb-jordan-love-three-utah-state-players-cited-pot

But of course he's playing in the bowl game because that's how the world works. (That one was for you Scotgif Cool )

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:45 pm

Too many things to consider right now with the way the College Football season has gone.  Injury to Tagavailoa,  the uncertainty of Young and the toss up at the top of the draft is way to volatile to be predictable.

Miami has a plan.  "The Plan", IMHO, is to fill this roster with above average to superstar talent through the draft.  Certainly, the fins and for sure us fans, want a QB.  At this point, "talent acquisition" should be plastered around the building. It doesn't matter what position, just get some talent in this building.  

I was enamored with Tua and Young. I've grown to like Burrow but think he could be a Tannehill waiting to happen in Miami if we don't get someone who can block.  

OL is the utmost importance.  DL no matter what position is a must.  QB can be done this year or next.  Etienne has to be considered in the late first or early 2nd.   I think The dream scenario for us is  to nab Tua in the 2nd and let him sit behind Fitz for a year.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:54 pm

I think The dream scenario for us is to nab Tua in the 2nd and let him sit behind Fitz for a year.

I would love that, but I don't think there's any way in hell he falls past the Pats. They would be a perfect team to nab him.

Remember - Belichek - Saban relationship also...

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next