The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burrow or bust

+5
JMP
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
rightchea
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Burrow or bust - Page 4 Empty Re: Burrow or bust

Post by JMP Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:35 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I should've known Flores would work out from the beginning. The dude just looks like a badass. Seriously. Would any of YOU want to fight him?

Fight him?? Hell no, but I do want to see him throw on the pads and play LB! He's a beast! I'd hate to be a player that disappoints him...he's got that stone cold glare like he could just destroy you on the spot.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:33 am

Think about all the players who were sidelined this game that were playing okay. Taco was sideline twice this season not sure it was because of bad performance but he definitely got sat.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:19 pm

Anyone be mad if we trade all our first round picks plus one next year for Burrow?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Anyone be mad if we trade all our first round picks plus one next year for Burrow?

At this point if Grier doesn't make that offer or something similar he needs to be fired on the spot. Sure, Bengals likely won't take it but good gawd almighty, he has to at least TRY.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no other QB in this draft worth picking. NONE.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:59 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Anyone be mad if we trade all our first round picks plus one next year for Burrow?

At this point if Grier doesn't make that offer or something similar he needs to be fired on the spot. Sure, Bengals likely won't take it but good gawd almighty, he has to at least TRY.

Of course Grier will try, along with probably 10 other teams, but there is absolutely no way the Bengals are trading that pick. Not even worth thinking about.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm

JMP wrote:Of course Grier will try, along with probably 10 other teams, but there is absolutely no way the Bengals are trading that pick.  Not even worth thinking about.

You won't get very far in life with THAT attitude, young man! Evil or Very Mad Razz

But seriously, if Grier makes a legit offer that is reported and it doesn't work, I'd be fine with that because I'd know he at least tried. If he makes no offer at all then there's a severe problem. Also, what other team right now could POSSIBLY have what it takes to move up to #1 if not this one?

(BTW I read on Twitter that the Bengals' staff is coaching Herbert in the Senior Bowl. So there's still a chance they fall in love with him and his measurables and take him instead. I just don't feel like giving up on Burrow quite yet.)

https://twitter.com/MorsDraconis/status/1216930730913206272

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Of course Grier will try, along with probably 10 other teams, but there is absolutely no way the Bengals are trading that pick.  Not even worth thinking about.

You won't get very far in life with THAT attitude, young man! Evil or Very Mad Razz

But seriously, if Grier makes a legit offer that is reported and it doesn't work, I'd be fine with that because I'd know he at least tried. If he makes no offer at all then there's a severe problem. Also, what other team right now could POSSIBLY have what it takes to move up to #1 if not this one?

(BTW I read on Twitter that the Bengals' staff is coaching Herbert in the Senior Bowl. So there's still a chance they fall in love with him and his measurables and take him instead. I just don't feel like giving up on Burrow quite yet.)

https://twitter.com/MorsDraconis/status/1216930730913206272

Chances are, we'll never know which teams make offers to the Bengals...most of that stuff is behind the scenes.

Anyway, even the Bengals can't be dumb enough to take Herbert over Burrow! Herbert is a strong prospect for sure, but I can't imagine anyone thinking he's better than Burrow. I guess if you're an arm strength guy, you could really fall in love with Herbert...but that's the only characteristic that Herbert has over Burrow.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm

JMP wrote:Anyway, even the Bengals can't be dumb enough to take Herbert over Burrow!  Herbert is a strong prospect for sure, but I can't imagine anyone thinking he's better than Burrow.  I guess if you're an arm strength guy, you could really fall in love with Herbert...but that's the only characteristic that Herbert has over Burrow.

It's the Bengals. They most certainly can be that dumb. I get a feeling the AFC North is the new AFC East, where three teams become determined to let the other one win every year for some insane reason.

Also, this is a league where a team once had the FIRST TWO PICKS OF A DRAFT and somehow screwed it up. Never EVER underestimate the power of human stupidity.

http://pfref.com/tiny/547TY

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Don’t see many first rounds like that.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:37 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Don’t see many first rounds like that.

Yeah, '92 was a historically awful draft. But IMO the Fins won it by taking better players at 7 and 12 overall than the Colts could manage with the top two picks, and in fact Vincent and Coleman were among the top 10 players of the entire draft according to Approximate Value (AV). They also made the D significantly better after it had sucked 5 of the previous 6 seasons.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4