The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshaun Watson thread

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
Degarmo
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
11 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Deshaun Watson thread

Post by JMP Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:The way I'm reading it is that a witness - not an alleged victim - who worked with the Texans and coordinated massage appointments for Watson refused to say anything and wouldn't even admit to knowing Watson.  That actually looks really, really bad for Watson IMO - someone that could potentially help his case won't talk...I wonder why???  Suspect

Her not talking only proves to me that Watson is not only guilty, but maybe even MORE guilty than he already looks! Nobody's this tight-lipped if somebody's completely innocent. That's when you WANT to talk to clear that person's name.

Exactly. This is a real bad look for Watson's defense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:06 pm

I would gladly give up every draft pick for the next 3 years for Burrow. The Bengals would never take that offer, though.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:34 pm

I hate basketball but James Harden quit on his team in Houston and demanded a trade. He went to Brooklyn signed and extension and quit on his team and demanded a trade. His hamstring and all injuries magically got better for his start in Philly UNTIL?
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:46 pm

Speaking of QBs who want traded, I hear Kyler Murray is now doing millennial things and wanting off the Cards because apparently the going's gotten just too darn inconvenient for him.

I'd rather trade for him than Watson but only because Murray's got no legal trouble (for now anyway). Maybe he and Tua could battle it out for the starting job, hmmm scratch Razz Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:19 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Speaking of QBs who want traded, I hear Kyler Murray is now doing millennial things and wanting off the Cards because apparently the going's gotten just too darn inconvenient for him.

I'd rather trade for him than Watson but only because Murray's got no legal trouble (for now anyway). Maybe he and Tua could battle it out for the starting job, hmmm scratch Razz Wink

The problem with Murray is that he looks like the best QB in football for 6 or 7 weeks...and then fizzles out and becomes average the rest of the season. I like him, but the draft picks required to get him wouldn't be worth it IMO. I'd rather wait and see what Tua can do in the McDaniel offense, because my gut tells me Tua will be better and more consistent than Murray.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:44 am

Excellent Sports Illustrated article about Watson, and how teams are choosing to ignore the truth:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/18/deshaun-watson-trade-due-diligence-myth

I'm not even going to quote it - but definitely read it if you are as disgusted about this entire situation as I am.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:28 pm

Yep, a piece of crap.

And Ross wanted him as QB for the Phins.

I have about decided Ross is not stupid, but is a genuine piece of crap himself.

Neutral
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:09 pm

And boom goes the dynamite. Browns gonna Brown.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:40 am

How fitting. A piece of crap is brown (usually), so... What better place to put a piece of crap.

And the fact that they DEMANDED this shyteshow by ponying up an absurd amount of money for him?

I dearly hope karma bites them hard!

But then again... I am sure the NFL will a find a way to make it all go away if the Browns get to the SB this year. Nobody is better at polishing a turd than Goodell. What a woke piece of crapola he turned out to be.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:59 am

in case you want to be further disgusted...

A second grand jury in Texas declined to indict Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson on Thursday after considering an accusation of sexual misconduct, the Brazoria County District Attorney said.

"After a careful and thorough review of the facts and evidence documented in the reports prepared by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office and the Houston Police Department, as well as hearing testimony from witnesses, the Grand Jury for Brazoria County has declined to charge Deshaun Watson with any crimes. Accordingly, this matter is closed," Brazoria County District Attorney Tom Selleck said in a statement.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33585725/second-grand-jury-mulls-another-charge-cleveland-browns-qb-deshaun-watson

so now a 2nd grand jury has also decided there isn't enough there to bring charges.

Rusty Hardin, Watson's attorney, said in a statement that he was "thrilled" by the news.

"We've known all along what people who learn the facts also know -- Deshaun committed no crimes. In fact, two separate grand juries have now found that there wasn't even probable cause to believe he committed a crime."

He added: "It is time to let the civil litigation proceed at a normal pace and for Deshaun Watson to take his place as the quarterback of the future for the Browns. I am fully confident that the Cleveland community will discover that Deshaun Watson is not just a great quarterback but also an incredibly decent person they will be proud to have represent their city."

and now its time to let the money do the talking and all this will be forgotten. no women's rights protest. no Hollywood celebs brandishing, "i stand with her' all over their social media, no victim advocacy groups claiming misjustice. no AOC "me too" political grandstanding. no BLM marches supporting the Black female accusers. nope, its all $$$$$$$$$ from here on out. but did we expect anything less?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:54 am

mercury22nathan wrote:and now its time to let the money do the talking and all this will be forgotten.  no women's rights protest.  no Hollywood celebs brandishing, "i stand with her' all over their social media, no victim advocacy groups claiming misjustice.  no AOC "me too" political grandstanding.  no BLM marches supporting the Black female accusers.  nope, its all $$$$$$$$$ from here on out.  but did we expect anything less?

I keep saying this but I will again, all that #metoo stuff just magically disappeared once the presidency changed hands. Now sexual misconduct against women is fine again (as long as you're not a straight white male with the "wrong" political opinions).

More and more people are waking up and wising up to hypocrisy like this and worse every day, though so at least there's that.

Also, Florio now says the Browns are preparing to trade Watson to the Fins by the end of the week, and insists that feeling something could've happened that didn't is the same as it actually happening.

Sorry, couldn't resist Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:29 am

Absolutely disgusting. Of course, it is nearly impossible for a lone woman to prove that she was sexually assaulted when she is accusing a multi-millionaire celebrity and there were no witnesses present. Scum like Watson continue to do whatever the hell they want, to whoever the hell they want, with zero consequences.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:38 am

JMP wrote:Absolutely disgusting.  Of course, it is nearly impossible for a lone woman to prove that she was sexually assaulted when she is accusing a multi-millionaire celebrity and there were no witnesses present.  Scum like Watson continue to do whatever the hell they want, to whoever the hell they want, with zero consequences.

As a UFC fan I can tell you that ESPN, who carries every UFC event even if most of them aren't on regular TV anymore, had absolutely no problem with Greg Hardy being on their roster. You remember Greg Hardy, don't you? In case you don't he's a former NFL player who makes Watson look like a saint and was actually BANNED FROM THE LEAGUE FOR EXCESSIVE MISOGYNY. Read that bolded part again. But so-called "woke" ESPN was just fine with him in the UFC. As far as I know, none of their female employees said a word about it. Go figure.

Hardy was recently cut from the UFC roster...but only because he lost too many fights. Before he started losing he was actually getting promoted as a possible title contender. Yeah.

And don't even get me started on Jon Jones Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad But if any woman at any time "feels" like I looked at her in a way that made her "uncomfortable" that's the same as attempted rape, right? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:13 am

Add another one to the list:

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports that a 23rd civil lawsuit has been filed against Deshaun Watson.

Barshop notes that according to the petition, the plaintiff "changed her mind about filing a lawsuit after watching the HBO Real Sports piece" that aired last Tuesday. We continue to have no real update on what a reasonable timeline looks like for Watson's return for the NFL, but it's probably not great news for said timetable if more women are coming forward. USA Today added another portion of the petition, which reads: "But it was Watson himself claiming that even now he has 'no regrets’ and has done nothing wrong that solidified her resolve. She brings this case seeking minimum compensation, but to obtain a court finding that Watson’s conduct was wrong.”
Source: Sarah Barshop on Twitter
May 31, 2022, 5:39 PM ET

I heard that NFL teams are really pissed at the Browns for giving the criminal a fully guaranteed $230 million contract, and as a result no one is willing to step up and help the Browns by trading for Mayfield. This situation is just such an absolute disaster at every level. And still no word from the NFL... Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 am

JMP wrote:I heard that NFL teams are really pissed at the Browns for giving the criminal a fully guaranteed $230 million contract, and as a result no one is willing to step up and help the Browns by trading for Mayfield.  This situation is just such an absolute disaster at every level.  And still no word from the NFL...  Rolling Eyes

I mean yeah, I get it, but at this point all teams are doing is punishing Mayfield for being placed in a situation beyond his control and without his consent.

Gotta love the "woke" sports media suddenly deciding every woman accusing Watson is a liar after all that #metoo garbage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:25 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I mean yeah, I get it, but at this point all teams are doing is punishing Mayfield for being placed in a situation beyond his control and without his consent.

Gotta love the "woke" sports media suddenly deciding every woman accusing Watson is a liar after all that #metoo garbage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The thing with Mayfield is that I don't think any team views him as a definite starter - not even the Panthers. No one is going to trade for a backup with a base salary of just under $19 million. The Browns are either going to have to eat most of that salary in a trade, or cut him outright and get nothing. It seems like any teams that might be interested in Mayfield are content to let the Browns wreck their cap and see how it plays out.

And yes, it is amazing (and disgusting) to see how the media continues to cover the Watson case. Such a joke.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:29 am

All Mayfield did was lift the Browns out of a 1-31 wreckage and get them their only playoff win since they reformed in '99. Yeah, that guy sucks Rolling Eyes

The Browns and Cleveland in general don't deserve him TBH.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:54 am

DolFan 316 wrote:All Mayfield did was lift the Browns out of a 1-31 wreckage and get them their only playoff win since they reformed in '99. Yeah, that guy sucks Rolling Eyes

The Browns and Cleveland in general don't deserve him TBH.

I'm with you - I think he's a solid QB when healthy and he can win games in this league. I also think Watson is going to crash and burn (if he even plays), and the Browns have royally screwed themselves by acquiring the criminal and shitting on Mayfield.

Unfortunately, the only two teams with unsettled starting QBs are the Panthers and Seahawks, and it doesn't seem like either one is looking to help out the Browns unless they eat the contract.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:12 pm

What is mind boggling to me is how the Browns agreed to such a ludicrous restructure. Where did the Watson camp get its leverage? Under active investigation for sexual assault, and refusing to play for his team even if the NFL let him do so... why the need for ANY restructure at all? He had just signed a big extension before the shit hit the fan.

I guess that's just how the Browns roll?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:47 pm

** Hope no one minds, but I changed this thread title.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:42 pm

Add # 24 to the list:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/lurid-details-revealed-as-24th-woman-sues-deshaun-watson/

A 24th massage therapist has sued Deshaun Watson for sexual misconduct, and the details of the suit are lurid.

This alleged incident, in which Watson is accused of masturbating and non-consensually ejaculating on a woman who was giving him a massage, occurred at the woman’s apartment in August of 2020.

Read the full article for some disturbing details of this latest charge.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:18 pm

I just wish Tua could throw a ball as far as Watson can ejaculate😂😂😂

I'm glad Miami didn't sign Watson. Browns hampered their franchise for another ten years.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Yeah I'm not going to read the latest. I know all I need to know. This is an established pattern of behavior for Watson - who anyone in their right mind now knows is a predator - and the Browns just signed the worse contract in NFL history.

Only by the grace of God did Steve Ross escape unscathed with yet another misguided foray into the acquisition of a player or coach. The Payton / Brady plan (I admit, I do not understand how that would have ever worked) was much better in theory. Proven guys with exemplary records and untouched by scandal.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 am

The Watson stories are disgusting at every level. I can't even imagine being a fan of a team that has this piece of shit as their QB.

I will say this though - Watson was smart, committing horrible acts in privacy that can't really be proven without any physical or video evidence...which would be extremely rare in these cases. Massage sessions aren't filmed (legally, anyway...) and so it's just a case of 'he said, she said' - which is nearly impossible to win in a criminal court. Now, Watson can still be found guilty in a civil court where you don't really have to supply the burden of proof, but he will of course avoid jail time.

Goodell should bring the hammer down hard. It won't happen, but I'd love to see a 2-year suspension.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:34 am

JMP wrote:Goodell should bring the hammer down hard.  It won't happen, but I'd love to see a 2-year suspension.

That only would've happened had this team signed Watson. And ONLY this team. You all know it.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next