The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshaun Watson thread

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
Degarmo
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
11 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Deshaun Watson thread

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 am

Watson, who had missed the entire eight-week offseason program following his trade request from late January, reported to training camp to avoid the $50,000 per day fine.

At camp, Watson was taking reps in individual portion behind quarterbacks Tyrod Taylor, Jeff Driskel, and Davis Mills.

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-last-151921431.html

i find it humorous that Watson has been demoted to 4th string. not inserted as the starter just for showing up. not allowed to sit out and pout. but forced to take reps - as the backup's, backup's backup. maybe its just me.

but hey, at least the guy who has demanded a trade is doing something, anything on the field.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am

Priceless! Deshaun Watson thread - Page 2 1f602

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:34 am

things not looking too good for Deshaun...

While the Houston Police Department has declined to comment on the Watson investigation, sources close to Hardin and Buzbee said Thursday both lawyers believe the current number of complaints against Watson could eventually lead the Harris County Prosecutor’s office to impanel a grand jury. If that happens, Watson will face potential indictment and prosecution if the grand jury decides there is enough evidence for Watson to be charged with a felony. As it stands, it appears at least two of Watson’s civil lawsuit allegations could rise to the level of felony sexual assault, an important point, as grand juries are not seated to make determinations on misdemeanors.

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-grand-jury-could-ultimately-hold-the-key-to-deshaun-watsons-legal-and-football-future-203825101.html

jailtime?

The problem at this point is the looming possibility of prosecution. As previously mentioned, Watson’s camp believes that the evidence against him inevitably will be presented to a grand jury. If he’s indicted on felony charges, the NFL undoubtedly will place him on paid leave until the case is resolved. Until then, it’s possible he’ll be convicted and then incarcerated.

https://sports.yahoo.com/deshaun-watson-talks-between-eagles-114754638.html

yes, possibly jailtime. looks like the NFL is still in wait and see status regarding the criminal investigation. i can't really see a way they can (not he wants too - at least for Houston) let him see field anytime soon. amazing how silent the supposed "woke" outrage over women's issues has been about this.

so i wonder if all those supposed NFL insiders (here's looking at you Mike Florio) will ever admit just how off base they were in almost guaranteeing back in April that Watson would be the Dolphin's QB this year. hahaha. what a joke!

so now here is your chance to have a vote: do you appreciate these Watson updates? Or perhaps not. maybe you've grown tired of it. let me know...

1. Yes, keeping 'em coming.
2. No, (your an idiot...see, it's "you're", you idiot) and this has nothing to do with the Dolphins.
3. Kind of, but move it to the NFL forum.
4. Who cares, i don't even read your nonsense anyways.
5. Why now that you've asked...you're the greatest poster ever and my day is incomplete without reading your exceptionally intelligent insight (no, that's not really an option...well, it could be...).

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:54 am

I like the updates Merc, and probably because I was in the camp of thinking this was a possible move for the Fins. Seems like a long time ago... but I am very pleased with what we are hearing out of camp around Tua.

I also follow the NY Giants, and the offense in their camp has been struggling to say the least.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:yes, possibly jailtime.  looks like the NFL is still in wait and see status regarding the criminal investigation.  i can't really see a way they can (not he wants too - at least for Houston) let him see field anytime soon.  amazing how silent the supposed "woke" outrage over women's issues has been about this.

If this doesn't cause a mass backlash against the far left I don't know what will. If last year should've taught us anything it's that a completely different set of rules applies to people depending on what political ideology they have. Which is why none of us should ever take it seriously when these people try to apply rules to us they blatantly disregard for themselves.

And yes, keep the updates coming. I now am emotionally invested in seeing Watson get what he deserves! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:00 pm

white1 wrote:I also follow the NY Giants, and the offense in their camp has been struggling to say the least.

Did you hear about the huge brawl they had which got their coach in a major hissfit, with the players laughing him off? I'm not sure even Cam lost a team as quickly as this Joe Judge guy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:08 pm

I'm choosing both 1 and 5, merc! Very Happy

I do love the Watson updates...moreso because the "woke" crowd is strangely silent, as you said. If the charges prove to be true, I want this piece of shit to ROT.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 pm

The good news is some prison team might get a QB to play in the prisoner vs guard football game😂😂😂

CarsonChris

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 am

😆😆😆

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:11 am

Keep'em coming Merc.

And while I think Watson as a QB is great and would definitely be the franchise QB the Phins need.... I do not want the team to go down the road of giving these miscreants second and third chances.

Character matters on a team and I would hope Flores and Grier KNOW that it matters.

But all too often, when money/careers are in the balance, they will roll the dice on plain thuggish arseholes.

A big ol' "How about NO!!!" to Watson.

I hope Tua plays like he did when he made Saban bench Jalen Hurts!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:24 pm

And the (s)hits just keep on coming...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/14/multiple-deshaun-watson-accusers-raise-concerns-regarding-their-interviews-with-the-nfl/

NFL goes out of its way to have two women ask the other women, "What were you wearing"? You know, to do a proper "investigation". Because women asking that sort of question is better than men asking, I guess?

When will the SJW crowd realize how horrible the "woke" NFL has been at actually dealing with actual women? My guess is never.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:01 am

In the year 2021, is the NFL really that dumb to ask an alleged sexual assault victim what she was wearing??? Seriously??? Are we back in the 1970s???? Unreal.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:24 pm

SO...I decided to check out OutKick based on Hal's recommendation, and lo and behold there is a Deshaun Watson story. The FBI has (allegedly) gotten involved.

https://www.outkick.com/report-fbi-investigating-deshaun-watson-tony-buzbee-says/

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing nearly two dozen women accusing Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of various forms of sexual harassment and sexual assault, said the FBI is now investigating Watson’s case.

In an exclusive interview with League of Justice‘s Amy Dash, Buzbee said agents from the Houston field division visited him and he’s since met with them multiple times.

“Let’s be clear, when somebody comes into your office on the 73rd floor of the Chase Tower, whether they’re the FDA or the FBI, it’s a big deal. Well, it was the FBI,” Buzbee said, per League of Justice. “They contacted me and I’ve met with them three times now and now they’ve met with several of the plaintiffs in the case.”

Buzbee continued: “He said to me [the FBI agent], he’s like, ‘look, what I’ve heard is that most of the reach outs occurred via the internet which creates jurisdiction for us. But then I understand there were these two women that were from out of state, which obviously creates more jurisdiction as well,'” Buzbee told League of Justice of the alleged conversation.

Dash reports that Buzbee also said the FBI has spoken with several of his clients, whom he is representing in civil lawsuits against Watson. Buzbee says the agency assured him it is taking the allegations “very seriously.”

Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin responded to League of Justice when he learned of Buzbee’s comments: “I have absolutely no reason to believe that Deshaun is being investigated by the FBI. I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mr. Buzbee’s spin is the truth or that it’s any more accurate than any of the other misstatements he has sponsored. I simply do not believe the FBI is investigating Deshaun.”

League of Justice spoke with the FBI’s national and local offices, which said: “Per Department Of Justice policy, the FBI does not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation.”

This could get even uglier for Watson than I initially thought. If the FBI finds evidence against him, he's fucked.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Yeah, trading multiple first rounders for Watson was going to be a great idea.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:39 am

The Failed Bureau of Intimidation has as much credibility as a Taliban spokesman on how they're going to behave in Afghanistan. The FBI is trying to cover up their role in the Whimere kidnapping plot.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:56 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The Failed Bureau of Intimidation has as much credibility as a Taliban spokesman on how they're going to behave in Afghanistan. The FBI is trying to cover up their role in the Whimere kidnapping plot.

Laughing

As we call it now... The Effing B I.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Biden administration makes sure to crack down on anyone not taking a shot that still isn't FDA approved and loses Afghanistan to terrorists. Seems about right.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:07 pm

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:49 pm

The most asinine rumor ever, and it just won't die.

Sure, let's trade multiple day 1 and 2 picks for a guy that is currently under FBI investigation for sexual assaulting almost 25 women - across state lines - and who may never play football again if found guilty. Sounds like a plan! jocolor

The funniest part of all this is that Dolphins beat writers can't even find out injury status on a Dolphins player, yet somehow a guy who tweets about the NFL for Yahoo knows exactly what the Dolphins want to do! lol! Grier and his staff won't let any info out about anything, but somehow a random Yahoo writer has all the info.

I recall the days when you needed facts before making a claim. Those days are long gone. Now any hack can say "Dolphins emerge as favorites to land Watson" with no basis of evidence whatsoever, and it becomes a huge news story that everybody repeats over and over. So pathetic.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 pm

After seeing Tua in his first preseason, I think I'll gladly take my chances with him over a guy who has not exactly shown the best judgement off the field.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:54 pm

I do not want Watson anywhere near the Dolphins!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:42 pm

What this tells me is that the media's already gotten bored of yammering about how all unvaxxed players are evil, since there are probably only about 20 of them left in the league.

If Watson was white he'd already have been cut and blackballed, and everyone would've been cheering it on. Yeah, I went there.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 am

Not to be a jerk but would love for Watson to be found guilty or just get hurt to stop the BS rumors. Tua is our QB and we don't need the distraction.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 am

Funny thing is, Schefter and Rapoport aren't talking about this supposed trade, and those guys are in on EVERY major story.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:17 am

The sheep--I mean, general population--have to be accountable for the garbage trend in media as well. If people stopped taking it seriously and treated all rumormongering as what it really is, you'd see it quickly disappear overnight. IMO they're more responsible than the media is for this new style of "reporting" because they treat every single rumor as fact and never learn.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next