The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshaun Watson thread

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
Degarmo
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
11 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Deshaun Watson thread

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:51 am

I must say, Rusty Hardin is pretty hilarious in the late stages of his career. Smile

Mayfield would do best to just stay put, looks like he will be the starter in 2022 if he does.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:12 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I must say, Rusty Hardin is pretty hilarious in the late stages of his career. Smile

Mayfield would do best to just stay put, looks like he will be the starter in 2022 if he does.

Yeah, hearing Hardin talk about "happy endings" on the radio is pretty hilarious for sure! I don't think it helps his client, but it is funny! Laughing

As for Mayfield...I know he's not in a position to do this, but I'd love to see him tell the Browns "Fuck you. I'm just going to sit at home and collect checks from you." and force their hand.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:54 pm

I greatly lament that the late great G.D. Spradlin is no longer with us. Just imagining him as Movie Rusty Hardin giving those interviews.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:39 pm

If someone told me that G.D. Spradlin would ever be mentioned on this board, I'd bet my house that it would be Hal that brought him up! Very Happy Killer!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:20 pm

JMP wrote:If someone told me that G.D. Spradlin would ever be mentioned on this board, I'd bet my house that it would be Hal that brought him up!  Very Happy  Killer!

"Hypocrites, all sixty-six of you! You took my client's dollars! You saw his tube steak!" -- I swear, "Happy Endings: The Masseuses Versus Watson" just writes itself.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:00 pm

JMP wrote:As for Mayfield...I know he's not in a position to do this, but I'd love to see him tell the Browns "Fuck you. I'm just going to sit at home and collect checks from you." and force their hand.

Why isn't he? What's stopping Mayfield from doing exactly that?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:32 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:As for Mayfield...I know he's not in a position to do this, but I'd love to see him tell the Browns "Fuck you. I'm just going to sit at home and collect checks from you." and force their hand.

And isn't that more or less what Watson himself just did last year with Houston?  The only difference is that the team chose not to play him.

Maybe Mayfield has a $230 million payday coming in 2023.  He's won just as many playoff games as Watson, was drafted even higher, will be the same age Watson is now and has no legal issues hanging over him!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:48 am

HalCHorn wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

And isn't that more or less what Watson himself just did last year with Houston?  The only difference is that the team chose not to play him.

Maybe Mayfield has a $230 million payday coming in 2023.  He's won just as many playoff games as Watson, was drafted even higher, will be the same age Watson is now and has no legal issues hanging over him!

Ha! Very true!

Technically, nothing is stopping Mayfield from sitting out while he's under contract, but there are already questions about him around the league and if he wants to get back on track he needs to play when given the opportunity and show that he can be a legit starter. Sitting out won't help his cause. I think he undeservedly took a lot of heat for the Browns' failures last season and he needs a chance to show what he can do when healthy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:11 am

I'm not going to post links, but here is the latest Watson news:

-- Two more women have come forward. Now up to 26.

-- One of the police investigators felt that the evidence they had collected absolutely pointed to Watson's guilt and should have led to multiple charges. She reports that the DA never followed up with the investigators - at all - before denying the criminal case. In addition, the DA reportedly was in regular contact with Watson's lawyer - but never spoke with the victims' lawyer.

So, what we have here is a good old fashioned cover-up. Anyone surprised? Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:34 pm

DISGUSTING!!! REVOLTING!!! UTTERLY NAUSEATING!!!

And also completely unsurprising, given the current social climate where people are allowed to make up illegal laws while anyone who breaks the actual laws is labeled a hero and a victim. The media is also completely complicit in this, as usual.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:35 pm

All Watson needs to do is say Black Lives Matter and this is a racially motivated attack on his character.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:06 pm

$46 million annually for 5 years for a guy with one playoff win who will likely end up unavailable for much of the season? Great move Browns!

$7.5 million for a guy who is younger, 15-8 as a starter and has the same NC under his belt that Watson has? Dolphins are dumb! What the hell are they thinking?

Mike Judge was way off--Idiocracy is here 484 years early.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:29 pm

HalCHorn wrote:$46 million annually for 5 years for a guy with one playoff win who will likely end up unavailable for much of the season?  Great move Browns!

$7.5 million for a guy who is younger, 15-8 as a starter and has the same NC under his belt that Watson has?  Dolphins are dumb!  What the hell are they thinking?

Mike Judge was way off--Idiocracy is here 484 years early.

And here's the worst pat of all this IMO. PFR lists Watson as 6'2" 215.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

Tua is listed by the same site as 6'1" 217. And by all accounts has bigger, thicker legs than Watson.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TagoTu00.htm

Hardly any size difference at all. And yet the mediots continue to portray Tua as a shrimpy, wimpy pipsqueak while having absolutely no issue with Watson's size or build whatsoever! How?!?! Why?!?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Also, as depressing and infuriating and absolutely mind blowing as this is going to be, you guys better brace yourselves for the NFL to do...absolutely nothing about Watson. Not even a one game suspension so they can pretend to care about women. There's simply no way this is going to happen after a team not named the Miami Dolphins just traded for him and broke the bank for him. I would even go as far as to say the Browns were assured by Goodell that nothing would happen and that this assurance is why they paid him so much to begin with. It'll get even more awkward when the NFL yet again makes everybody wear pink for breast cancer awareness month while Watson's casually taking snaps the whole time. We'll just have to deal with it and be thankful this team didn't trade for him at least.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:04 am

Funny that you mentioned Watson's size. I saw a pic of him the other day at a Browns practice, and I thought he looked really small - upper body, arms, legs. Tua is clearly bigger and stronger.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Ross is a clueless moron who will ruin the Dolphins!

If not for TTK's lawsuit, the whole Payton as HC and Tom Brady as QB scheme would have happened and Tua would have been peddled for a 2nd rounder or a sack of moldy jock straps maybe!

I am disgusted by Ross epic dumbarsedness and simply flabbergasted by the Browns abysmal stupidity.

Simply amazing levels of stupidity being displayed all over IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:57 pm

Sounds like all the Watson lawsuits are getting settled, so now the last piece of the puzzle is how Goodell chooses to punish him.

Terms of the settlements aren't being released, but I'd love to know how much Watson had to pay for, in his words, doing nothing wrong.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:07 am

from what i read 20 of the 24 will be settled and it sounds like the others may very well go to litigation. those legal proceedings may take several years before being resolved (both attorneys agreed to no action while football is in session). this most likely will allow the NFL the chance to sit on their hands and hope the public eye moves on to something else.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:17 am

Unfortunately, it seems like Mr. Watson is in fact a real life Karma Houdini.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KarmaHoudini

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Unfortunately, it seems like Mr. Watson is in fact a real life Karma Houdini.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KarmaHoudini

Sadly, if you have enough money and/or power you can seemingly get away with anything.

I figured most of these cases would eventually get settled, because Watson wants to sweep all of this under the rug as soon as possible and I'm sure he paid enough money to make it all go away. I do hope at least a couple of the remaining victims follow through with the civil cases so that this thing continues to drag out. I want Watson to have to deal with this for as long as possible.

There are rumors that he'll be suspended for one season, but we'll see if that actually happens.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:16 pm

If he really wanted a handjob THAT bad, there were far cheaper ways to get one Smile

Watson jokes are about to become what Pee Wee Herman jokes were 30 years ago.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:23 am

Latest on PFT the Browns are "bracing" for an 8 game suspension for Watson.

The range is TWO to eight games. Two!

Just criminal misconduct by the NFL front office. Criminal.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:30 am

white1 wrote:Latest on PFT the Browns are "bracing" for an 8 game suspension for Watson.

The range is TWO to eight games.  Two!  

Just criminal misconduct by the NFL front office.  Criminal.

I heard Watson is actually planning to sue the NFL if he's suspended. This is a thing he's actually going to do.

Looks like I'll stay in my current state of never watching any games, unless it's a special occasion like the Ravens last year.

Sign of the times: if a woman's sexual accusations are false the man gets punished, but if they're true he gets off scot free. Isn't the 2020s fun? Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:28 pm

I heard the NFLPA was going to sue on Watson's behalf!

Ever since that Morris guy took over the NFLPA (is he still there?) , that org has been run like a shiitehole company IMO.

Just some abysmal positions and they routinely get played like a $2 Ho by the NFL Owners.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:49 am

WATSON SUSPENDED...for 6 games. The NFL can - and hopefully will - appeal, but so far this is an absolute travesty of justice and just a complete waste of time after all the bullkshit leading up to it. I'm disgusted.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:37 am

JMP wrote:WATSON SUSPENDED...for 6 games.  The NFL can - and hopefully will - appeal, but so far this is an absolute travesty of justice and just a complete waste of time after all the bullkshit leading up to it.  I'm disgusted.

That's 6 more games than I expected. It's a pure PR move to appease the #metoo crowd--which still hasn't uttered a peep about something you'd think they'd be marching in the streets about. And if Watson was white, they would. Yeah, I said it. The NFL knows Watson's guilty, they probably know details even we don't. No completely innocent player's going to be suspended for even this long. It's the absolute bare minimum the NFL wanted to keep him out I can assure you of that.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next