The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshaun Watson thread

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
Degarmo
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
11 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Deshaun Watson thread

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Also, if this trade is actually done, I am walking away from this team forever. It would be the proverbial last straw.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:50 pm

This story is like herpes. It keeps coming back. Someone arrest Watson so this will stop!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:44 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Also, if this trade is actually done, I am walking away from this team forever. It would be the proverbial last straw.

No need to worry...there is absolutely zero chance of it happening.

Anyone that thinks the Dolphins are going to give up multiple high picks AND pay Watson $35 million next season hasn't been paying attention to the way the Dolphins have built this team. A trade like that would make zero sense.

And the reality is, no team is going to give up even a 7th round pick in 2025 for Watson at this point. He's got "STAY AWAY" written all over him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:50 pm

I find it both gruesomely fascinating and horrifyingly disturbing that the same media who is now openly campaigning for a player who assaults women to be traded to another team for a king's ransom is also openly campaigning against players who don't want to get a shot, because in 2021 that's somehow considered more evil than being a sexual predator.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:16 am

https://twitter.com/dillonbailey_12/status/1432086586171269123?s=20

hahahaha!!! who has money to waste like this?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:20 am

Today, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported that a Watson trade could be likely within the week. He reports the two teams with the highest likelihood of landing the quarterback are Miami and Carolina.

https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-dolphins-could-trade-deshaun-172756426.html

Florio is a joke. he must just be pushing this crap to get clicks.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
Today, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported that a Watson trade could be likely within the week. He reports the two teams with the highest likelihood of landing the quarterback are Miami and Carolina.

Florio is a joke.  he must just be pushing this crap to get clicks.  

That HAS to be the explanation. I suspect that PFT deciding to become yet another far leftist propaganda site pushing a vaccine that's being proved more useless by the day has turned enough people off that now he's resorting to desperation tactics like this.

I mean, if the media says THIS is true then what WON'T they say is true? The word of a 5-year old has more credibility these days. Seriously. You can tell even Flores is rolling his eyes at the sheer idiocy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:44 am

and now i am worried...

“The Dolphins are absolutely working on this deal with the Texans. There is obviously holdups with compensation — they want three first round picks, plus. It’s not going to happen while (Watson) has an uncertain legal future. The Dolphins have to make sure that they have contingencies in the event that these legal issues become a serious problem. But I do think there’s a legitimate possibility that the Dolphins will acquire one of the best players in the NFL in Deshaun Watson,” — NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus via Josh Moser of WVSN 7 News

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-rosenhaus-not-surprised-deshaun-011728849.html

while obviously nothing is definite, Rosenhaus usually doesn't make shit up.  his business depends on his credibility and he's got a long history of successfully working with the Phins on his clients behalf.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 am

From what I see, this whole story started because a random anonymous team told Charles Robinson that they think the Dolphins are the frontrunner for Watson. Robinson took that, and invented a story. Florio ran with it, and now everyone - even agent Drew Rosenhaus - keeps embellishing and adding lies on top of lies. It's absolutely absurd. Meanwhile, the two most legit NFL news sources - Schefter and Rapoport - continue to say nothing...which should tell you all you need to know.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:52 am

mercury22nathan wrote:and now i am worried...

“The Dolphins are absolutely working on this deal with the Texans. There is obviously holdups with compensation — they want three first round picks, plus. It’s not going to happen while (Watson) has an uncertain legal future. The Dolphins have to make sure that they have contingencies in the event that these legal issues become a serious problem. But I do think there’s a legitimate possibility that the Dolphins will acquire one of the best players in the NFL in Deshaun Watson,” — NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus via Josh Moser of WVSN 7 News

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-rosenhaus-not-surprised-deshaun-011728849.html

while obviously nothing is definite, Rosenhaus usually doesn't make shit up.  his business depends on his credibility and he's got a long history of successfully working with the Phins on his clients behalf.

Why would an agent have any info into the inner workings of the Dolphins front office? This front office is as tight-lipped as the Patriots - they're not going to tell an agent what they're doing. Rosenhaus used to have an "in" in the Dolphins organization years ago - but that ship sailed long ago.

Nothing about this trade makes any sense from a Dolphins perspective, and it's not happening.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:13 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

Florio is a joke.  he must just be pushing this crap to get clicks.  

Started out as an alternative to the mainstream, then became the mainstream--and lost almost all credibility slowly but steadily after doing so. But at least he's trying to find things to write about besides Kaepernick now.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:13 am

HalCHorn wrote:Started out as an alternative to the mainstream, then became the mainstream--and lost almost all credibility slowly but steadily after doing so.  But at least he's trying to find things to write about besides Kaepernick now.

What Florio is writing about now makes me long for the good old days when he wrote about Kaepernick.

The problem started when people decided to give the media more and more power over the past 25 years or so that now they actually, genuinely believe that the truth is whatever they say it is. That's not even the sad part. The sad part is, most people these days believe it too so now you've got a clown show where the media flat out lies and a certain amount of people keep insisting the lies are true no matter how obviously false they are. At this point the media thinks that if they scream the same thing over and over again from the rooftops they can wish it into existence. That's what this is really all about. They yammered on for so long about how Watson was a victim and a martyr that in their minds it HAS to be true no matter what he did or how many women he did it to, so they're just going to keep forcing this trade narrative down everybody's throat until Goodell gets off his ass and suspends Watson, and even THEN they'll keep running trade stories for years just like they kept insisting Kaepernick would come back and play 5 years after he left.

At least it should only be a week until the bullshit passes. I can't see Grier and Flores not putting a stop to this after that point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:03 pm

The Texans have to make a decision on what to do with Watson ASAP - the 53-man roster needs to be set by tomorrow. They can still trade him after that, of course...but for now, I guess they have no choice but to keep him on the 53.

I know a lot of Dolfans are not happy with Flores saying "we only talk about players on our roster", but I'm fine with it...no need to spend any time talking about this bullshit topic. The less said, the better in these situations.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:18 pm

Media: The Dolphins are definitely going to trade for Watson, but they don't want to actually do it right now! But they're going to, trust us! We've NEVER lied to you before or presented our groupthink as actual truth! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:06 pm

NBC Sports Edge wrote:NFL Insider Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are "prepared" to declare Deshaun Watson inactive for every week in 2021.

This is unfortunately what this situation has come to after the league, Commissioner Roger Goodell, and the organization have run from any accountability throughout the tumultuous process. Watson, who remains adamant on playing elsewhere despite reportedly nixing a recent deal in place from Philadelphia, would still receive the $10.54 million salary he's due for being on Houston's 53-man roster. The 25-year-old should not be expected to play a single down of football with any team in 2021.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Aug 30, 2021, 3:39 PM ET

That sucks for the Texans...they have to waste a roster spot on this criminal.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Wow - did anyone else catch that? Philly had a deal in place that Watson vetoed using his no trade clause... I wonder what they were prepared to give?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:38 pm

white1 wrote:Wow - did anyone else catch that? Philly had a deal in place that Watson vetoed using his no trade clause... I wonder what they were prepared to give?

Oh, I caught it. Somehow the media didn't. Makes them look even worse, which even *I* didn't think was possible. At this point I wouldn't trust them to tell me water was wet.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:50 pm

JMP wrote:
NBC Sports Edge wrote:NFL Insider Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are "prepared" to declare Deshaun Watson inactive for every week in 2021.

This is unfortunately what this situation has come to after the league, Commissioner Roger Goodell, and the organization have run from any accountability throughout the tumultuous process. Watson, who remains adamant on playing elsewhere despite reportedly nixing a recent deal in place from Philadelphia, would still receive the $10.54 million salary he's due for being on Houston's 53-man roster. The 25-year-old should not be expected to play a single down of football with any team in 2021.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Aug 30, 2021, 3:39 PM ET

That sucks for the Texans...they have to waste a roster spot on this criminal.

At least *somebody* FINALLY called the league out on their refusal to do anything about a sexual predator. It was apparently more important for them to punish players for not getting a shot. I'm not sure exactly what more the Texans could've done. It's not as if they were trying to ignore the situation and say Watson was starting or playing anyway. Their position all along was simple--they wanted him gone, but also wanted some compensation. The Texans' big mistake was continuing to demand a king's ransom that no team was stupid enough to pay. Except maybe the Eagles, and even they didn't actually do it.

And at last the truth comes out about him not playing for anybody. Took long enough. This is what should've been said from the beginning instead of deliberately spreading outright lies.

To me this all ties in to a bigger picture of "rules for thee but not for me" in which morally bankrupt people are being allowed to set morality standards for everyone else that they don't even try to follow themselves. It's got to stop and the only ones who can stop it are us. Hell, Watson's not even getting punished as much as a Democrat state governor when it comes to sexual assault! What makes him so special?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Conspiracy theory: Grier actually trades for Watson, and the next day the league suddenly decides it's vitally important to suspend him for the rest of this season and the next. I can totally see this happening just because the world right now is so absurdly dumb.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:37 pm

And now the media has brought out the big guns. They're saying that ROSS is the one who "desperately wants Watson".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/31/source-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-really-wants-deshaun-watson/

This is utterly sickening, disgusting and downright nauseating whether it's true or a lie. I now might be done with this team even if they DON'T trade for Watson by the end of the week. I damn sure won't be able to take a whole season of this level of media trash.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:23 pm

If the Phins trade for this TERD everyone involved ought to be rolled in gasoline and made to limbo with flaming sticks!!

NAKED!

Surely not even the Triple-Danged Miami Dolphins are this stupid? Are they?

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 3 1f629
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:39 pm

finfanatic wrote:If the Phins trade for this TERD everyone involved ought to be rolled in gasoline and made to limbo with flaming sticks!!

NAKED!

Surely not even the Triple-Danged Miami Dolphins are this stupid? Are they?

Deshaun Watson thread - Page 3 1f629

I've seen a whole lot of people do and believe a whole lot of mind-blowingly stupid things just in the past 2 years alone that even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, never thought would be humanly possible. At this point, I'm just assuming nobody on this planet has any common sense whatsoever. Well okay, except you guys.

And make no mistake about it, this trade would be the number one all-time most absurdly idiotic move by any sports team in the history of humankind. Hands down, period, point blank.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:17 am

In the wake of Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reporting that owner Stephen Ross “really wants” Watson, the team said that the Florio article “is inaccurate. Stephen doesn’t force football decisions and believes in Tua.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article253646078.html

During a team meeting Tuesday, Dolphins coach Brian Flores addressed recent reports tying Miami to a potential trade for Deshaun Watson, telling his players and staff that Tua Tagovailoa is "our quarterback" in a brief but poignant message, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32121657/brian-flores-tells-miami-dolphins-tua-tagovailoa-our-quarterback-team-meeting-sources-say

DEF CON 5 has been averted. please return to normal duties. i repeat, no Watson alert is active.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am

I WANT to believe that. But at this point I've been lied to about so many things from so many people that it's so easy for me to envision Tua not playing well in the opener as the Fins barely scrape by, and then Ross looking at that and wanting Watson all the more.

Furthermore I now believe that the reason Flores and Grier haven't just come out and ended all this garbage is because Ross is telling them he wants Watson so they can't.

I just keep flashing back to Saban saying he was definitely NOT leaving Miami and then a week later he does just that.

One thing's for sure, if this all does turn out to be a lie it needs to be the final straw for sports media in general, and they need to be held accountable and treated like the professional liars they are. There needs to be a massive backlash unlike anything we've ever seen. At what point do people get tired of being lied to 24/7? How can anybody actually like or want that?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:43 am

This whole thing just gets more ridiculous by the day. The Dolphins were NEVER going to trade for Watson - not a few months ago, not now, and not in the future. NEVER.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and Killah Sith like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next