The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release trade and FA News

+7
finfanatic
HalCHorn
scotgif
mercury22nathan
white1
JMP
rightchea
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Release trade and FA News - Page 5 Empty Re: Release trade and FA News

Post by rightchea Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 am

Kevin Nogle wrote:The Miami Dolphins are expected to sign offensive tackle Michael Dunn, according to NFL Draft Diamonds. Dunn was a member of the Birmingham Iron during the short-lived Alliance of American Football season this spring, but the suspension of operations of that league has freed their players to sign with NFL franchises. The Dolphins, who need depth on the offensive line and only have 58 players on their roster when the league allows 90 players, can use a developmental lineman like Dunn to bolster the roster during the team’s offseason training program.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/4/6/18298369/miami-dolphins-aaf-offensive-lineman-michael-dunn

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Greg Likens wrote:#NFL announces they've allocated DT Durval Queiroz Neto to the #Dolphins via the International Player Pathway Program.

Queiroz is a 25-year-old DT from Brazil and goes by Duzão. He has spent the past 4 seasons playing professionally in Brazil & is a former judo champion

via twitter

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 pm

miamidolphins.com wrote:The Miami Dolphins today announced they have signed wide receiver Ricardo Louis.
Louis has played in 32 career games with 12 starts and has 45 receptions for 562 yards (12.5 avg.) in two seasons (2016-17) with the Cleveland Browns. He was on injured reserve and missed the entire 2018 season. Louis was a fourth-round pick (114th overall) by Cleveland in the 2016 NFL draft. Louis played collegiately at Auburn and is a Miami native who played high school football at Miami Beach Senior High School.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/dolphins-sign-wr-ricardo-louis

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Ian Rapoport wrote:The #Dolphins are signing OLB/ pass rusher Jayrone Elliott, who led the AAF in sacks with 7.5, source said.

via twitter

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:19 am

Phins seem to be raiding the now defunct AAF for players...

The Dolphins have been telling people that they’re signing four San Antonio players.

Besides Elliott, they also agreed to terms on Monday evening with outside linebacker Tyrone Holmes, who had 4.5 sacks and 11 quarterback hits in nine AAF games, including preseason.

Holmes appeared in 15 games for the Cleveland Browns in 2016 and 2017 and had nine tackles.

Holmes, 6-2 and 253 pounds, was a sixth-round pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2016 but was cut shortly before the season and signed with Cleveland, where he stuck for two years.

He spent time with the Chiefs’ and Chargers’ practice squads in 2018, and joined the AAF at the start of this season.

Holmes was FCS Defensive Player of the Year at Montana in 2015, when he had 18 sacks, 87 tackles and 24 tackles for loss. He had 34.5 sacks in four years at Montana.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228987314.html

mostly likely these guys will end up being camp bodies, but who knows, maybe one of them might end up showing some special teams value. then again, given the dearth of talent on this team, these guys might actual end up as starters. after all, nobody was expecting Cam Wake to become much of anything.

the Phins are also looking for some competition at punter...

The Dolphins, according to ESPN, are among multiple teams that have shown interest in veteran punter Marquette King, who has averaged 46.7 yards per punt in parts of six NFL seasons, including four games with the Broncos last season.

Matt Haack, the Dolphins’ incumbent punter, has averaged 44.6 yards per punt in his two seasons with Miami.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:35 am

mostly likely these guys will end up being camp bodies, but who knows, maybe one of them might end up showing some special teams value. then again, given the dearth of talent on this team, these guys might actual end up as starters. after all, nobody was expecting Cam Wake to become much of anything.

I like this approach. We have a ton of open roster spots right now. Fill them out with undrafted free agents, international players, guys with AAF experience.

Let them compete in training camp and find out who can learn the playbook, perform and win a job. That's how you do it.

Next offseason is the time to reassess roster weaknesses and target those spots in the draft. For now, just sign a bunch of young guys and put them to work.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am

Honestly, I think all those AAF guys will make the roster and could see significant playing time. On paper, at least, they all seem to have the traits the new staff wants: big, strong, aggressive, versatile. I like it!

For what it's worth, watching Elliott's AAF games I'd say he is a relentless pass rusher. He has excellent body control and it allows him to twist, turn and "get small" to get away from blockers. He has some Cam Wake in him, in terms of being "slippery" and hard to block.

I also like bringing in Marquette King. He has some swagger...and he's a damn good punter. Haack isn't bad...just way too inconsistent. I like the competition.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:13 pm

barry jackson wrote:The Dolphins continued raiding the San Antonio roster of the defunct Alliance of American Football on Tuesday, adding a former Patriots running back and one of the league’s standout nose tackles, according to a source.

The Dolphins are signing Kenneth Farrow, who had 60 carries for 192 yards for the Chargers in 2016 and has spent time on the New England Patriots’ practice squad in 2018, after missing the 2017 season with an injury.

Farrow was one of the AAF’s best running backs, including a 30-carry, 142-yard performance against Birmingham that resulted in him being named AAF Offensive Player of the Week.

Miami also is signing Joey Mbu, who played seven games for Atlanta in 2015 and two for the Colts in 2017. He also has spent time on the practice squads of Atlanta and Washington.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228610694.html

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Keep raiding the AAF! We're signing some of the top players in that league - love it!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:51 pm

The NFL sorely needs a minor league system. It's too bad they couldn't get the AAF to work.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 am

Degarmo wrote:The NFL sorely needs a minor league system.  It's too bad they couldn't get the AAF to work.

The NFL definitely needs some kind of developmental league, both for players that are coming back from injuries and for the guys that just fell through the cracks for whatever reason. I really enjoyed the AAF games. Sucks that the money wasn't there...but the people in charge knew that going into it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:The NFL sorely needs a minor league system.  It's too bad they couldn't get the AAF to work.

The NFL definitely needs some kind of developmental league, both for players that are coming back from injuries and for the guys that just fell through the cracks for whatever reason.  I really enjoyed the AAF games.  Sucks that the money wasn't there...but the people in charge knew that going into it.

I think they're shooting for the moon far too fast. They need to think about things like TV and that stuff later on. Maybe do some local affiliate stuff, but the national stuff while great is too much of an issue right off the bat.

That said, the NFL could fund this kind of a league if they wanted one. Obviously the ties with the NCAA slavery program is far too deep to cut into college profits.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 am

this isn't a release, trade or FA, but...

The Dolphins are looking at reincorporating a fullback – something that wasn’t a part of their offense under Adam Gase – and according to team sources, recently brought to their offices one of the draft’s top fullbacks and a Big 12 tight end with the ability to play fullback.

Wisconsin running back/fullback Alec Ingold, who visited in recent days, had 103 carries for 343 yards in four seasons (a 3.3 per carry average) and 17 touchdowns on the ground and also caught 14 passes for 185 yards (a 13.2 average) and four touchdowns. He’s also a skilled blocker.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228610889.html

...i think its good news nonetheless.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 am

mercury22nathan wrote:this isn't a release, trade or FA, but...

The Dolphins are looking at reincorporating a fullback – something that wasn’t a part of their offense under Adam Gase – and according to team sources, recently brought to their offices one of the draft’s top fullbacks and a Big 12 tight end with the ability to play fullback.

Wisconsin running back/fullback Alec Ingold, who visited in recent days, had 103 carries for 343 yards in four seasons (a 3.3 per carry average) and 17 touchdowns on the ground and also caught 14 passes for 185 yards (a 13.2 average) and four touchdowns. He’s also a skilled blocker.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228610889.html

...i think its good news nonetheless.

Best on-field news of the offseason!! The fullback has been missing from this offense for far too long, and it's a major reason we've been so soft. Fullbacks add toughness to an offense - no question about it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Not to many teams still have FB on their team so for Miami to go back to that system I would be totally for it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Kevin Patra wrote:Free agent running back Ty Montgomery is taking meetings with two AFC East teams this week.

The 26-year-old is visiting with the New York Jets on Thursday and the Miami Dolphins on Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the meetings.
Montgomery played in six games with the Baltimore Ravens last season after being traded from the Green Bay Packers. The back earned just 15 carries for 83 yards and 10 receptions for 64 yards with the Ravens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026008/article/jets-dolphins-to-host-freeagent-rb-ty-montgomery

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:05 am

Ah yes, the AAF. Something about that whole business I just didn't like. Probably the fact that the Memphis team got stuck with Mike Singetary as coach, Christian Hackenberg at QB, and then when he sucked (yes, Hackenberg was too awful even by AAF standards) that resulted in...JOHNNY FREAKING MANZIEL being signed Shocked Shocked Shocked Then he got a concussion and the next day the AAF folded. Only in Memphis. I guarantee the Fins aren't signing any of THEIR ex-players. Even Grier's not THAT dense Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 am

rightchea wrote:
Kevin Patra wrote:Free agent running back Ty Montgomery is taking meetings with two AFC East teams this week.

The 26-year-old is visiting with the New York Jets on Thursday and the Miami Dolphins on Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the meetings.
Montgomery played in six games with the Baltimore Ravens last season after being traded from the Green Bay Packers. The back earned just 15 carries for 83 yards and 10 receptions for 64 yards with the Ravens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026008/article/jets-dolphins-to-host-freeagent-rb-ty-montgomery

Montgomery signed with the Jets. Good. He's always hurt.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm

With the Trainers that Adam Gase has with him, Montgomery won't be a factor at all

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 pm

I putting this here because I want to see what ya'll think of this mock draft and Miami's move at 13. I like the move going after a DT and who they traded down with..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2830772-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bold-trade-by-broncos-shakes-up-first-round#slide0

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 am

I love the trade down, and I love the selection of a Clemson DT in the first round.

Would be an outstanding move if it panned out like this.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Yep, that trade down scenario would be OUTSTANDING. Christian Wilkins is a helluva player and fits this defense perfectly, and we need extra picks. Can't get much better than that. That's an A+ move.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 am

well if we're going talk about trade scenarios being floated out there...

Dolphins get: 1-2
49ers get: 1-13, 2020 first-round pick

NFL teams occasionally agree on conditional trades, which are dependent upon a player being available at a given spot. Last year, for example, the Broncos and Bills agreed on a tentative pick swap, with the Broncos retaining the right to keep their pick if their player was still on the board. When Bradley Chubb fell to the fifth slot, the Bills had no deal.

Here, the Dolphins would be striking a conditional swap if the Cardinals decide to pass on Kyler Murray with the top pick, presumably to draft Nick Bosa. The 49ers and Jets have no need for Murray, but the Dolphins would want to move ahead of the Raiders at No. 4 to grab their quarterback of the future. The Jets likely want to add one of the edge rushers at No. 3 after missing out on Anthony Barr this offseason, and they're not going to be inclined to help a divisional rival get their quarterback of the future.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26539614/all-trades-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

giving up next years first to swap this year's firsts - no thank you.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm

I'll only take that scenario if we get a guaranteed 15-year Pro-Bowl caliber (talent floor) QB, and I don't see one of those in this draft.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:39 am

Degarmo wrote:I'll only take that scenario if we get a guaranteed 15-year Pro-Bowl caliber (talent floor) QB, and I don't see one of those in this draft.

Exactly. And as I posted in the schedule thread, it's very possible that the Phins will have a top 5 pick next April...I'm not willing to give that up for a 5'10" QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next