The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release trade and FA News

+7
finfanatic
HalCHorn
scotgif
mercury22nathan
white1
JMP
rightchea
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Release trade and FA News - Page 4 Empty Re: Release trade and FA News

Post by rightchea Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Stills is still you and has some leadership within as well. cant get rid of all your vets especially since most are gone. but if miami can get the WR from old miss then I can see him get traded

Also miami has signed Chris Reed. he young and from what I seen no injury history

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Stills is still you and has some leadership within as well. cant get rid of all your vets especially since most are gone. but if miami can get the WR from old miss then I can see him get traded

I feel like the last regime was big on "leadership" from players. Not sure if Stills has that or not. If the value is high enough, they will trade him - leader or not.

I totally hear what you're saying. With the phase this team is in, no one is untouchable. No one. Stills included.

Also miami has signed Chris Reed. he young and from what I seen no injury history

I saw that! Flaherty coached him in JAX so we get the insight into his work habits, leadership, etc. Good depth signing, young with starting experience. Probably cheap too. Exactly what we're looking for.

Projects as LG. Camp will tell if he earns that job or not.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:47 am

the thing that i really like about all this is that with the interest in Spain and the signing of Reed, it appears the Phins are done with finesse blocking and will be moving back towards power football.

with that said, two of the OL targets that really impressed me this year were Connor McGovern from Penn St. and later round Shaq Calhoun out of Miss St.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 am

miami shopping Quinn to Dallas

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 pm

miami shopping Quinn to Dallas

Sent from Topic'it App

Saw that as well, check out this link: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article228121759.html

Apparently he is visiting Dallas today to talk to the brass. Miami is prepared to "pay for draft picks" by picking up part of his reworked contract.

Yes. I am loving it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Talk about "blow by blow" reporting. Apparently, Quinn is having lunch with coaching staff. Twitter just reported that a Cowboys executive has now joined the group at lunch.

Feels like the start of contract negotiation.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 pm

white1 wrote:Talk about "blow by blow" reporting.  Apparently, Quinn is having lunch with coaching staff.  Twitter just reported that a Cowboys executive has now joined the group at lunch.

Feels like the start of contract negotiation.

Great news!!! Love this "pay for draft picks" model...makes it more likely to be able to trade an overpaid player.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:the thing that i really like about all this is that with the interest in Spain and the signing of Reed, it appears the Phins are done with finesse blocking and will be moving back towards power football.

with that said, two of the OL targets that really impressed me this year were Connor McGovern from Penn St. and later round Shaq Calhoun out of Miss St.

Exactly! We're actually looking at tough linemen that do the pushing around instead of weak-ass linemen that get pushed around. Really hoping we can strike a deal with Spain...he will likely be too pricey, but he could be the next Jamie Nails for the Dolphins!

As always, love to hear your OL recommendations. McGovern is an animal...he gets major push in the run game. A guy I like a lot, who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth after a stellar Shrine Game, is Illinois C/G Nick Allegretti. I haven't heard anyone mention him since that game, where he drew rave reviews in both prcatices and the game. If we could get him late, that could be a steal!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:44 pm

I know Wisconsin has a couple tough dudes on the OL. I want a couple multi-syllable last name Mofos. How bout the guy from bama, Pierschenbacher or something to that effect?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 pm

scotgif wrote:I know Wisconsin has a couple tough dudes on the OL. I want a couple multi-syllable last name Mofos. How bout the guy from bama, Pierschenbacher or something to that effect?

My guess is Pierschenbacher goes round two. Unless we stockpile extra picks, my plan would be to go DL in rounds 1 and 2 and then focus on OL a bit later. I'm trusting this new front office to be able to identify OL talent later in the draft instead of only hitting on first rounders. But, I think we will trade down in round 1 so maybe we'll get an extra early pick that can go to OL.

Regardless, as long as we come out of this draft with stronger lines on both sides of the ball, I'll be happy...I really don't care where we pick 'em, just as long as do the right thing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 pm

I'm liking the Chris Reed signing a lot after looking at some clips on Chris Kouffman's Twitter.  He's got a mean streak and he can move people.  Also, it appears that he can pick up a stunt...which would be a MASSIVE upgrade just by itself.  I'm not saying he's a Pro Bowler, but he looks like he can step in at LG and make an immediate positive impact.

If we move Jesse Davis to RT, which makes perfect sense considering that's his natural position, then RG becomes our priority OL position.  I'd love to get a new center too, but at least we have Kilgore if it comes down to that.  He's at least serviceable when healthy...not a huge fan, but I could live with it for one season.  Anyway, we should be able to get a quality guard in round 3, 4 or even 5.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:01 pm

If possible, I'd draft the entire interior O-line for Wisconsin.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Degarmo wrote:If possible, I'd draft the entire interior O-line for Wisconsin.

BMNSOB's
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:34 am

I’m in.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Sounds like the Quinn to Dallas trade is almost done. Not sure what we'll get, but anything is better than nothing considering he was going to get cut.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 pm

I like the move but that means that Miami will be going after a DE in the first or second round definitely. I see Miami going after a QB in the fourth or fifth round honestly

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Sucks that we only got a 6th for Quinn, but it's better than nothing. Sounds like the pick could be higher if Quinn hits certain marks, so let's hope he has a big year!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Agree, if his number were better last year Miami might have gotten at least a 3rd or 4th round pick

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:20 pm

JMP wrote:Sucks that we only got a 6th for Quinn, but it's better than nothing.  Sounds like the pick could be higher if Quinn hits certain marks, so let's hope he has a big year!

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Or so I've heard.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Well, would have liked to have had more, but....we now have 3 extra picks already in 2020 (4th, 6th and 7th), and appear likely to get an extra 3rd too for James. That's 11 likely picks and counting next year.

Now if we can just add a couple more this year too.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Adam Shefter tweeted: Starting Monday, teams who hired a new head coach after end of 2018 season — Buccaneers, Broncos, Browns, Jets, Cardinals, Packers, Dolphins, Bengals — may begin their offseason workout programs. So football, to some extent, returns Monday.

Lets hope that all players showed up for practice today.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:12 pm

I heard that the compensatory pick deadline is in early May. What that means is, after May free agents can be signed and it won't impact next season's comp picks.

So, the Phins will be able to sign players after May without fear of losing the comp pick they'll get for Ja'Wuan James. It'll be interesting to see what they do. Hopefully they can sign guard Quinton Spain if he's still available.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 pm

agree. Miami still needs someone on the line that can put the fear in defenders.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm

That whole D-line strategy from last year was a cluster fudge IMO. The person that came up with that idea should be flogged fiercely for five fearsome minutes daily. Forever.

I am just glad Gase is gone!!

Gonna wait and see, but getting something for guys you were gonna part with anyway is always good IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:11 pm

JMP wrote:Hopefully they can sign guard Quinton Spain if he's still available.

Spain signed with the Bills. Damn. Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next