The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAFT 2021 round 1: rumors, projections, news, etc.

+7
Degarmo
finfanatic
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
JMP
11 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

DRAFT 2021 round 1: rumors, projections, news, etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: DRAFT 2021 round 1: rumors, projections, news, etc.

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:07 am

Well, one day down, two to go. I was surprised by both picks, but if they work out, they'll be amazing. Now we have some spots to address at RB and OL. I was really hoping for a RB today, but if Jae works out, we won't be worried about that at all.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

DRAFT 2021 round 1: rumors, projections, news, etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: DRAFT 2021 round 1: rumors, projections, news, etc.

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:07 am

On to day 2!   Tons of good players still on the board.  Some meat on the bone at RB and OL...and keep on eye on the safety, Moehrig.  He'd be great value at 36.  I doubt the Phins would take him, but Flores collects DBs the way Parcells used to collect LBs!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 am

Degarmo wrote:Well, one day down, two to go.  I was surprised by both picks, but if they work out, they'll be amazing.  Now we have some spots to address at RB and OL.  I was really hoping for a RB today, but if Jae works out, we won't be worried about that at all.
 I'm at the point where I try to see the logic of the picks.  I'm not going to bitch because they didn't take "my" players.

Bottom line for me tonight, we addressed two huge needs with two impact players.  Both have legit game-changing ability.  Sure, I could argue that they should have drafted player X or player Y...but to what end?  It is what it is.  All I really care about is that I see the team's vision, and I see where the players fit.  And with both Waddle and Phillips, I totally see how they fit in and what the Dolphins are thinking.  Both players have crazy-high ceilings, now it's time to coach 'em up and put them in the best position possible.  I'm excited to see what both players can do on this team.  Things are looking up!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:32 am

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

·
11m
Chris Grier said he didn't expect Jaelan Phillips to be there at 18 and is tremendously excited to get him. Said a couple teams expressed interest in getting sixth pick but Dolphins didn't want to risk losing Waddle in trade down.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:18 am

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Well, one day down, two to go.  I was surprised by both picks, but if they work out, they'll be amazing.  Now we have some spots to address at RB and OL.  I was really hoping for a RB today, but if Jae works out, we won't be worried about that at all.
 I'm at the point where I try to see the logic of the picks.  I'm not going to bitch because they didn't take "my" players.

Bottom line for me tonight, we addressed two huge needs with two impact players.  Both have legit game-changing ability.  Sure, I could argue that they should have drafted player X or player Y...but to what end?  It is what it is.  All I really care about is that I see the team's vision, and I see where the players fit.  And with both Waddle and Phillips, I totally see how they fit in and what the Dolphins are thinking.  Both players have crazy-high ceilings, now it's time to coach 'em up and put them in the best position possible.  I'm excited to see what both players can do on this team.  Things are looking up!!

Preach it, JMP!!!

I agree completely. Maybe because I have been saying if it was me I would pick Waddle because he is the next Tyreek Hill! But still... I could have lived with the Smith pick. I wanted Pitts. I would have tekkie Chase before Waddle, just because I ain't SURE Waddle is the next Tyreek Hill, but...

The Phins got a dynamic potentially game-changing difference maker that is a threat to take it to the House every time he touches the ball.  

If Phillips stays healthy, they have a potent Edge Rusher to put opposite Ogbah! Maybe they will not have to rush as much?

The Miami Dolphins IMPROVED themselves with these picks. Grier went for IMPACT rather than the blue collar lunch pail guys.

That is what I wanted and it is what I got.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:53 am

finfanatic wrote:
JMP wrote:

Preach it, JMP!!!

I agree completely. Maybe because I have been saying if it was me I would pick Waddle because he is the next Tyreek Hill! But still... I could have lived with the Smith pick. I wanted Pitts. I would have tekkie Chase before Waddle, just because I ain't SURE Waddle is the next Tyreek Hill, but...

The Phins got a dynamic potentially game-changing difference maker that is a threat to take it to the House every time he touches the ball.  

If Phillips stays healthy, they have a potent Edge Rusher to put opposite Ogbah! Maybe they will not have to rush as much?

The Miami Dolphins IMPROVED themselves with these picks. Grier went for IMPACT rather than the blue collar lunch pail guys.

That is what I wanted and it is what I got.

Yeah, like I said, we can argue all day about player X vs. player Y, but really wasn't the goal to get impact players? And that's exactly what we got. For once, Grier didn't play it safe - he took a shot at greatness.

The Waddle to Miami talk had really picked up in the last week or so. I just didn't see it happening. But I'm glad it did. Yes I love Smith - but I'm never going to complain about adding a playmaker with incredible speed to an offense that had been stale for years. And with Phillips, I didn't expect him to be there at 18. As much as I like Harris, it's hard to argue that RB is more important than pass rusher.

Anyway, these are the players we got - and I think both of them will be difference makers.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:08 pm

So now that the dust has settled, final thoughts on day 1:

Best pick: the homer in me will say getting Phillips at 18 was the steal of the draft, but I have to give it to the Steelers for getting Harris at 24...just a perfect fit for that team and that city, and at an ideal spot in the draft.

Worst pick: Have to go with the Jags taking Etienne. Etienne is a fantastic player, but the Jags already have a great RB and they are coming off a 1-win season. They had a golden opportunity to fix a big hole on their roster at almost any position and instead they went with a position they didn't need at all. I'm all for drafting BPA, but you have to be smart too.

Worst trade: Jets moving up to 14 to take a guard, giving up two 3rds and leaving them with just 1 pick today. That roster blows and they are doing a total rebuild like the Phis did, and they gave up two key picks to overdraft a guard. Very Happy

And for Carson, just to make it official:
Hottest wife/girlfriend: Trevor Lawrence's babe Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:06 pm

JMP wrote:WOAH!!! Scratch that...Jags take Etienne!  That's the surprise pick of the draft for me.  Wow!  James Robinson was awesome last year...shocking that they'd take a back.

I suspected the Jags would take him but I was hearing it'd be with their 2.1 pick. I've been thinking it's Williams or bust for the top 3 back for the Fins. They were never taking one at 18. I'd be good with Trey Sermon later and I'd like them to take a flyer on Chris Evans late in the draft.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8